"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop and look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt


So many times in my life, I have allowed fear to get in the way. I've delayed moving forward, or I've simply left opportunity on the table out of fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of failing. Fear of succeeding. Fear of disappointing people. Fear of people thinking I'm crazy or foolish.

A few years ago, I KNEW God was calling me to something new and unknown. It was scary, and definitely out of my comfort zone! And I figured there would be some who would think I had lost my mind. For all I know, they did and still do! But I stepped out in faith. It WAS bigger than I could handle on my own. It WAS scary. But I knew then and know now that God is with me wherever I go, and that truth gives me courage. I know that as a follower of Jesus, He walks each trembling step with me. He told us in His word that His perfect love casts out fear! He promises that because He has overcome the world (which also means He has overcome fear!!!), we can experience His peace that surpasses understanding when we abide in Him. And that means we can be at peace in the midst of scary things!

I've definitely been afraid in these last few years. A LOT. And sometimes God still asks me to do hard things. He may ask me to move forward when I want to stay still, or ask me to wait when I want to move and make things happen my way. And each time fear tells me I can't do it, the Holy Spirit reminds me that I CAN because of Jesus, and that His power is made great in my weakness. God has proven Himself trustworthy, and I am reminded that I can have courage because He is with me wherever I go.

Through it all, I have learned to trust God more and more and have experienced His grace and goodness over and over. My faith has grown and I have a deeper relationship with Jesus. And because of that, I am stronger and more confident now than I was before those first faltering steps.

When we let fear get in the way, we miss out on so much. So, this is where I always want to land. As a "with God ALL things are possible" kinda girl. Life in this world is hard sometimes, and at times it can feel like there's just no way what you've believed for, dreamed for, and worked for can happen. In those times I can keep pushing, keep striving to do it on my own, I can choose to just give up, or I can press in to the ONE who created me. I can live my life abiding in Him, delighting in the ONE who redeemed me, and I can receive HIS strength and know that where I am weak, HE IS STRONG. Nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing.

‭‭Jeremiah 32:17 AMP‬‬
[17] ‘Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! There is nothing too difficult or too wonderful for You. ~Jeremuah‭‭Jeremiah 32:17 AMP‬‬
[17] ‘Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! There is nothing too difficult or too wonderful for You—

‭‭Philippians 4:13 NIV‬‬
[13] I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

OR

https://philippians.bible/philippians-4-13
‭‭Philippians 4:13 AMP‬‬
[13] I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]

https://bible.com/bible/1588/php.4.13.AMP

‭‭Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV‬‬
[20] Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, [21] to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

https://ephesians.bible/ephesians-3-20

‭‭Matthew 19:26 ESV‬‬
[26] But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

https://bible.com/bible/59/mat.19.26.ESV

This doesn't mean I sit back and coast. It means I can move forward on the path He has laid out for me with His strength and guidance and without fear.

#faithoverfear #faithbasedbusiness #faithbasedvoiceover #pursuingyourpurpose #findingfulfillment #KingdomMindedBusiness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On Jesus

A Different Way To Look At "Setbacks"

From Broken To Beautiful