Focus On Jesus


One evening during a visioning retreat, I was chatting with a friend while sitting out on the beach and noticed the reflection of the skyline in her sunglasses. I decided I wanted a picture of the same reflection in mine, so turned to face the skyline and took the picture. As I looked at the image, I felt the beginning of a word of encouragement - a little bit of light from the Lord stirring in my heart. I thought I'd pass a bit of that light on to others who might be encouraged by it. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’œ


What we focus on is reflected in our lives.

๐Ÿ”ŽFocus on Jesus. He is light and life, peace and joy. He brings healing and hope.

“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” ~John 1:5
“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” ~John 15:11
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” ~1 Pet. 1:3
“At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.” ~ Luke 4:40

๐Ÿ’œWhen we focus on Him, even in dark and difficult days, His love, peace, hope, and joy are reflected out into the world, and onto the people around us.

๐Ÿ”ŽFocus on Jesus. He is our strength. He is our salvation. He is our deliverer.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
~ Phil 4:13
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” ~John 14:6

๐Ÿ’œWhen we focus on Him, those around us see the peace, comfort, courage, and confidence that come from knowing Jesus reflected in our lives.

๐Ÿ™The writer of Hebrews encourages us to focus - or "fix our eyes"- on Jesus for another important reason. This life is full of distraction. And when things are difficult, the enemy uses our circumstances and the distractions of life to try to discourage us and to convince us that it's just too hard. BUT JESUS. Oh, yes, Jesus! When we keep our gaze fixed on HIM, He gives us strength and courage to persevere and to endure the race before us. He is our guide and our encourager, taking us by the hand and urging us on.

I am reminded to ask myself two questions. "Where are you focused?" and "Is your gaze fixed on the world or on Jesus?"

#peace #Grace #Godisgood #hope #faithbased #purpose #KingdomMinded #FocusOnJesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Different Way To Look At "Setbacks"

From Broken To Beautiful